Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Plarn Tote Bag

I swore I would never make another one of these because they are hard on the fingers! 
I made this tote last year and it has taken me a while to collect more bags.  This tote bag is crocheted from strips of recycled plastic bags. 
The main part of it is made from solid color plastic bags...I have been saving them for over a year, to get enough.
The bottom is made from Hobby Lobby bags and the yellow strips are from Dollar General bags. 
The yellow flower at the top is made from the wrappers that my papers are delivered in on rainy days!
The top is Dollar General bags again and the handles are Target bags! 
So now that you know where I shop, I purchased the pattern from etsy from this nice seller.
I slightly adapted the pattern to make it not as tall because I ran out of the solid color plarn.
So here it is, didn't cost me a thing to make except for my time!  It works up pretty fast,  I made it while watching LOST.
This is another stashbusting project!!  One less bag of plastic bags hanging around!
I will be linking up to the blog buttons on my sidebar.

4 comments:

Cecily said...

Awesome! I love all the colors! A fabulous upcycle!

Regina said...

That's awesome. Though I doubt that I would ever accumulate enough to make it in such pretty colors - my shops have white bags...boring!

RecycleCindy said...

What a bright and beautiful plarn bag you created. I love it and know how much time it takes to get all those bags and assemble them. But what a lovely tote bag you have now!

Carolyn @ My Backyard Eden said...

That turned out great! I'm in the process of trying to knit one. I love the colors in yours! Thanks for linking up to My Backyard Eden!