Saturday, February 12, 2011

My baby is 17 today...

Here's my first pictures of my baby...the first one he is chewing on his thumb and the second one he is getting ready to chew on his foot.
Sam at five days old, after spending those first five days in the NICU, getting poked and stuck at least every hour for days...I was not a happy mama.  He had pneumonia and low blood sugars at birth.  I had been sick for about three weeks before he was born, so he probably just had a virus that I had too!
He was a skinny little guy, liked to eat, but he was long and lean.  My mom called him a stick baby with a big head.  All babies in our family have big heads.  I tried not to take it personally!
He's looking at me in this pic...
The flower that you hold in your hands was born today and already it is as old as you are.  ~Antonio Porchia
Here Sam is sitting in Grandma's chair.  You can read about that chair here.
Look how big those feet are..still tall and skinny!
I love those dark brown/black eyes!
Christmas eve, all washed and ready for bed...waiting!
We are at an auction here, and he wanted that scooter.  He sat on it most of the day, waiting for it to sell.  Grandpa bought it for him.
One of his first days of school...he looks so excited here...not like school now!
His cub scout den...even Rachel is wearing her blue and gold scarf!  These boys were so wild...I was the den mother for several years and they about drove me crazy (granted it was a short trip, but hey!)
I love black and white pictures...and I love this kid!
Time flies when you are having fun...
Fishin with his best buddy JT...
Time is but the stream I go a-fishing in. ~Henry David Thoreau
If there was a tree, he climbed it!
And here he is now...hard to believe he is 17 now.  It's really hard to believe a person can love someone sooooo much!
He would probably strangle me if he knew I posted this, but he doesn't read my blog, so I am good!

Time is the most undefinable yet paradoxical of things; the past is gone, the future is not come, and the present becomes the past even while we attempt to define it, and, like the flash of lightning, at once exists and expires. ~Charles Caleb Colton

6 comments:

Laura said...

Yay happy birthday Sam!

Meri said...

I bet the years fly by! What a sweet post :)
Meri
merigoesround.blogspot.com

jess said...

Love all the pics - my fave is the first black & white of him around age 5? Such a sweet smile! I also love the part about his boy scout troop, haha! :)

Marie C. said...

What a sweet post!!! It's amazing how quickly time flies by. :-)

Deb Robertson Writes said...

Happy Birthday, I do love looking at your photos, my favourite is the one of the sweet boy on the scooter.

Jackie said...

Happy Birthday to your young man...mine turns 23 this Thursday.