Monday, December 12, 2011

Thrifted Grapevine Tree {{by Sarah}}

Hi! It’s Sarah, Ellen’s sister. Just stopping by again to share a repurposed thrift store find. I saw this tree and knew it had great potential. And it begged me to take it home. (Yes, I hear voices in thrift stores). :c)
clip_image002
clip_image004
clip_image006
I removed the raffia, bows, and lights. I debated about whether to spray paint it. But I liked the natural look so much. It looks perfect just as it is.
clip_image008
I decided to keep its simplicity and add a garland. I found these wooden beads at yet another thrift shop for $1.
clip_image010
I strung them on some jute twine and wrapped this around the tree.
clip_image012
I love the simplicity of having just the garland. I can change it easily to match the season or the décor. Another idea is Ellen’s super cute wool garland here…or wrap it with burlap ribbon. Stringing buttons on baker’s twine is another idea. Or wool felted balls on a garland of yarn like this. I can see endless possibilities!
Thanks, again, Ellen, for allowing me to share another creation! Love ya!
 
I am linking to these great parties!

Signature Sarah

3 comments:

Terriea Kwong said...

Simple is the most pretty. Very natural with the little colorful dots.

Fiona said...

It's lovely and I will have to keep an eye out for something similar in the charity shops here!

marissa | Rae Gun Ramblings said...

what a cute idea I love the beads I'd love you to add this to my What We Wore and Made Party over at http://raegunwear.blogspot.com/search/label/WWWMW