Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Fabric and Ribbon Binky Leashes

 
photo
Brady (my newest nephew) asked me to make him some binky holders so he doesn’t lose his binky when he is out and about! 
100_5553
Brady’s mama picked out the ribbon and clips (we found the clips on etsy for 35 cents each!) **Update—I found the mitten clips at JoAnns Fabric—actually they are on elastic strips used to hold the cover on the ironing board…8 in a package for $2! (50% off notions sale!). I found that fabric made the best straps, the ribbon is OK, but I like the fabric straps better. 
100_5549
I used ponytail elastics to make the loop at the end on some of the straps and a few of them I just used a loop of ribbon.
100_5565
Loving the polka dots and the camo!
100_5566
Some of them I used iron on fusible tape instead of sewing the ribbons together and I am afraid they are a little stiff, so not sure they will be good.  They may be good to attach toys to the stroller or car seat too. 
100_5550
I am just sure Brady will love them!
Brady
I am linking to these great parties!
Signature

14 comments:

Lisa said...

Very cute and always good to have! I don't know what I could do without my paci leashes!

Shiloh said...

You know, I really need some of these. I am forever asking the family where I put the babies' pacis.:)

Unknown said...

Binky leashes are awesome. I loved having them when my kids were younger! Very creative and budget friendly. Saw your link on Ginger Snap Crafts link up. I am already connected to you GFC. HOPE you will come see me @ http://www.onecreativeprocrastinatinggal.blogspot.com

Honey at 2805 said...

Thank you for sharing your project at Potpourri Friday! Remember to enter the Home Depot Giveaway!

Jill @ Create.Craft.Love. said...

Super cute! Found you through Every Creative Endeavor! Pinning! =)

Unknown said...

popped over from nap time crafters- I need to make some of these for my son!

Unknown said...

I know we love ours and use it all the time! Haven't made them though, most were given to me as gift...great idea!

Amy said...

Great idea, Ellen!

And they look fantastic!

Thanks for linking up x

Jill said...

What a great selection of clips there Ellen - very useful too!!


Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Sylvie Créative - Créations Ma Déco Maison said...

Really cute and useful!

Unknown said...

What a clever idea!! We were always loosing binkies!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Link It UP Thursday.

Unknown said...

I love the binky leashes! You did a fabulous job on them. I'd love for you to link them up to our What I Wore Sunday link party:
http://crafting-cousins.blogspot.com/2012/09/what-i-wore-sunday-week-31.html

See you soon!
~Natalie

Holla! We're your newest followers! :)

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness I LOVE these! Thanks for sharing at It's Overflowing!

XO, Aimee
http://www.itsoverflowing.com

Honey I'm Home Blog said...

Hello Ellen, It is my pleasure to feature your awesome project in my Fabulous Friday Favorites at Faith, Trust & Pixie Dust. Thank you so much for helping to make my party a success! You rock!

Warmly, Michelle