Monday, January 21, 2013

Padded Computer Case

My son got me a new laptop for Christmas…I know, such a great gift!  He is 18, so it was a big deal for me and him!  Maybe he was just tired of me howling and scowling at my old computer…could be!  Anyway, my old computer had a smaller screen than this one, so my old case won’t fit the new one!  So, in keeping with my usual creativeness, I decided to make me one!  My goal this year is to use what I have and try not to buy more crafting/sewing supplies (I know, good luck with that, huh?). 

100_6905

I measured the computer and added two inches all around, then made a pouch using two fabrics that had iron on fleece attached, sewed it up on three sides and added the zipper (it’s a separating zipper) to the fourth side.

100_6910

The zip on the top is not perfect…the corners were a bit difficult.

100_6908

But it adds a great deal of padding to the computer and I love the way it looks.

100_6912

The zip only goes over the one the one side and is just sewn down on the two other sizes, Since it is so long and a separating zipper, I didn’t want to cut it. 

100_6917

It’s a perfect fit!

100_6919

And I added a pocket to the inside…

100_6922

Now I can toss the cased computer in my bag and take it with me safely!

100_6907

I am linking to these great parties!

signature21

9 comments:

Mel@Mellywood's Mansion said...

That's a lovely case.

Kids and computers, especially boys, they just can't get enough.

Thanks for sharing :)

Unknown said...

I saw you linked up at Ginger Snap Crafts. This is a great idea to make a personalized bag!

I am co-hosting a link party this week called Tell Me Tuesdays! I'd love for you to come check it out and link up!!
Beth @ The First Year Blog

Emily Thompson said...

ooo fun case!!! The fabric is beautiful! http://www.nap-timecreations.com/2013/01/gathered-garland-with-paper-hearts.html

Rebecca @ Herons Crafts said...

This looks great - what a cute way to keep your computer protected!

Preeti said...

That's a pretty case ! Good idea personalising the special gift from your loved one:)

Unknown said...

I love this! The classic black and white on the outside and all the color on the inside. Gorgeous.

I'd love for you to share this with my readers at my link party this weekend! It turned out great! Hope to see you there!

Crafts a la Mode said...

Beautiful job on the computer case. I made one also but didn't put a zipper in. I used velcro. Lazy, huh? Have a good weekend. I'd love to have you link this to my What to Do Weekends Party. Take care, Linda

http://twosucculentsisters.blogspot.com/2013/01/what-to-do-weekends-3.html

Diana of Diana Rambles said...

So pretty! I love how you did the zipper!

Megan Gunyan said...

That turned out so cute! I love it and could definitely use one (hint??) ;)