Monday, February 18, 2013

40 Bags in 40 Days~~I’m taking the challenge~~Week One

100_7202

Ok, I swear the clutter is killing me! I saw this post at White House Black Shutters and knew I had to sign up!  I started in my closet and of course ended up in my sewing/weaving/craft room, Milo is helping me of course.  Crap on  the floor, crap on the sewing tables, the closet doors won’t even close all the way because there is simply too much “stuff” in there!

declutter your whole home a spot at a time for 40 days with whitehouseblackshutters.com. free organizing #printable, facebook group, and more! #40bags40days #cleaning #organizing

So, I must confess I rented a storage building to get some of this junk out of my house.  It’s pretty small and I am telling myself it is just temporary while I declutter the house and get stacked things out of the corners.  I have been informed of all sorts of folks who have rented a storage building for the same purpose and ended up with them full and renting other units as well.  I swear that will not happen to me. 

100_7206

I made great headway in the sewing room…these paints were rescued from two big boxes full of paints.  Some were dried out, I got all my brushes together where I can find them.

IMG_6350

I found this 3 shelf storage thingy at a thrift store for $10.  I snagged it immediately and had to take it apart to get it home.  It’s perfect for storing my weaving shuttles, quilts to be bound, my sewing machine cover, and other things that take up a lot of space. Eventually I would like to paint the spindles a blue/aqua color and the shelves white, but for now it’s perfect!

IMG_6347

I’m working on a shelf I can put over my serger table and I want to get my chalkboard hung on the wall as well.

IMG_6349

So now, I can walk through the room and not have to fight my way to the machines.  Now for the great news…

IMG_6336

My town is having an indoor garage sale at a local hotel.  I have reserved a booth and have priced all my things and they are in the storage building and ready to sell THIS SATURDAY!

IMG_6338

IMG_6339

So that was about 1 pm yesterday and by 4 pm I had this to show for my day of cleaning and pricing and organizing…

IMG_6357

So, it’s all priced and ready to roll…and I am still collecting a few things here and there to add to the pile.  And I have resolved not to shop, just to sell!

IMG_6358

So I’ll be there at 0600 Saturday, ready to rock and roll.  Oh, you curious about how many boxes/bags??  26 and counting and that doesn’t include the few furniture pieces! I am well on the way…

signature21

3 comments:

Nici @ Posed Perfection said...

Great job! That is truly inspiring! I hate shuffling the stuff from one pile to the other. I'm proud of you for taking the challenge and making such great headway already! Have a blessed week!
Nici

Shabby Brocante, Karen said...

Oh man! You mean business! Good for you! I hope you purge it all make some money and feel liberated! I need to follow in your footsteps! Of course the minute you said, "indoor garage sale" my jaw dropped and I wanted to buy more stuff!!! LOL
Karen

Fluster Buster said...

Great job! That's quite a challenge. I'm following you via GFC. I host Fluster Creative Muster Party on Wednesdays and I would love it if you would come by and party with us. Hope to see you there!

Hugs, Smiles, and Blessings,

Robin
Fluster Buster