Saturday, April 27, 2013

A new craft room shelf…free!

IMG_7625

Remember here where I spent my $75 gift card to Lowes?

IMG_7626

Part of what I bought was this shelf and the wooden brackets which I painted peacock blue (also with some paint from that same gift card). 

100_7491

Love those brackets!

IMG_7627

I am now storing supplies (and some pretties like the wooden spools and the seashells) in jars on this shelf above my sewing tables.  I made the knobbed lids for the jars (you can read about them here) and store ribbon, elastic, some zippers, special buttons, and other sewing supplies there so they are off my workspace and easy to find.

IMG_7630

I have a few thrifted wooden boxes up there too to store paints and some cones of thread. 

IMG_7628

Bias tape is stored along side the Keep Calm and Craft On print that my niece gave me a few years back. 

IMG_7631

I love having this all on display within easy reach and I hung it on the wall all by myself. 

I may be linking to some of these great parties! 

signature21

2 comments:

Terriea Kwong said...

Functional and pretty color blue. Knobs on jars are lovely.

Unknown said...

Hello I'm glad I found your blog through Aloha Friday. I love your blog, I visited your old posts and I especially love the variety of your posts. New follower here via GFC and linky tools. I invite you to visit my blog and if you like my creations I invite you to follow me !!!
Nice to meet you.
Marisa from
http://passionetcouture.blogspot.ca/