Friday, April 26, 2013

Spray Paint Ombre Basket

100_7554

OK, first a disclaimer that this was really hard to photograph and I am noticing the ombre part of this project didn’t show up very well!

100_7544

This pic is probably the best one showing the ombre look…in person the basket looks great!

100_7484

This is how the basket started out…90% off after Christmas clearance at Hobby Lobby (99 cents!).   It is pretty sturdy and I am going to use it on a shelf in my craft room to hold special threads for serger projects.

100_7200

I used three colors of Valspar spray paint with primer…tropical oasis, exotic sea and peacock blue.  First I covered the basket with several coats of the exotic sea, then did a lighter coat of tropical oasis at the bottom.  I finished it off with a quick coat of peacock blue around the top of the basket. 

100_7517

Even though it doesn’t show up well in the pics, I really like the way it turned out.  Noticeable yet subtle.

100_7514

I love the way it looks!

100_7515

This last picture shows the color differences the best I think.

100_7520

I might be linking to some of these great parties!

signature21

No comments: